Technical & Security Details
Trust, security, and transparency are extremely important in crypto and all markets. We are going to do what Robinhood refuses to do — be honest and transparent so you can judge for yourself whether or not you want to participate in our yield farm or trade our token. Please note that we forked our farm contract from Mith Cash which inherited it from Basis Cash which inherited it from Synthetix.
You can find all of our code and our smart contracts on our GitHub: https://github.com/GameStopFinance/gamestop-protocol
Here is a diff file that shows the differences between the Mith Cash code and our code: https://github.com/GameStopFinance/basiscash-protocol/commit/7133c340b1eb55cdad8176839223f8d5c4cfb8cc
Here is the proof we deleted the undeployed vestigial timelock contracts: https://github.com/GameStopFinance/basiscash-protocol/commit/64bd25fdf81be110a521c6748b73024e160e5f00
Here is the proof of burn which means we cannot mint anymore $GME or rug pull you: https://etherscan.io/tx/0x9a16d4bdca4e48df9f52f487b9b7a5f37b8e6d95b157226916e9b6197bb58ab1
Please note that 500,000 $GME will be held in the distribution contract for future staking rewards that are voted on by the community.
Below are the addresses of our token, liquidity pool, and our 20 bootstrapping staking pools:
GME token — 0x9eb6be354d88fd88795a04de899a57a77c545590
GME-ETH LP token address — 0x86b8DE78e0200005Bc51FCade04bAbD88Cfc026F
YFI staking pool — 0x29aa9516118B3121E331747E5d5E6cE3893bA8c0
LINK staking pool — 0x06f788329a523b4C0C873a200b2EfDE2a20b5f5F
CREAM staking pool — 0x1ae59cEC6e0c9ea76DBe6BB49c227012b124F287
renDOGE staking pool — 0x5Ae34D5e2FF349F5231F8eE9D005B7c73A466fAb
USDT staking pool — 0x0C5221C9b688518ecE4337a137c25659421F4DB1
BUSD staking pool — 0x8E041Ca4494D29f8c43274540713a63a45bDdCCd
USDC staking pool — 0x5f65dCb93f26d1466622d373c2785fECF2551dF5
CRV staking pool — 0x93a4387Ec937D457062e94B0f44024B657417A61
COMP staking pool — 0x6dc1cf3FA445B1AE2d34aFe5702520897b9164F0
SUSHI staking pool — 0x4016293290C05C6c511166506c6790bF8E1BC192
BADGER staking pool — 0xEdE17f644E3da874624E81C12BEDB700086FfC09
DSD staking pool — 0x056Be3ED7CF114AFd98F694cC21c7C70a644e1BA
ESD staking pool — 0x466837EDC9411D8ea334e62AdBd1E9d18fBdb5d4
FRAX staking pool — 0x818465dDfd5379d73d4B955CCb7D9AC1d57daaeB
MIC staking pool — 0x9A8349397Af2498562A92F910fd45F3Bc5e8c619
OGN staking pool — 0x765F99FE312505F4390E9669703B8c67B870b4C9
OUSD staking pool — 0x6955144700f3D7996a278701d5A9E0984499511F
CVP staking pool — 0x43F621D53F1874fDA1802a1E41Ab1E4035613C51
ALBT staking pool — 0xeDd7eD6239d162b1F36F5Ea2153690CbB418809e
SPDR staking pool — 0x04dA38Dd2De6Bfec7Db85bDC7311b8d497029b35
$GME distribution event
The $GME token will be distributed via a standard yield farm starting on Jan 31, 2021 at 04:00 GMT. During the first two weeks (bootstrapping period) there will be 20 staking pools and a liquidity pool (GME-ETH) on Uniswap.
During bootstrapping, 300,000 $GME will be distributed evenly across each staking pool and 200,000 $GME will be distributed to liquidity providers. After the two week bootstrapping period, the remaining 500,000 $GME will be distributed weekly over the next 8 weeks as follows:
- 37,500 $GME to the staking pool of the winning token, which is 60% of that week’s rewards
- 25,000 of $GME to liquidity providers, which is 40% of that week’s rewards
No more $GME will ever be distributed after this.
Schedule (all times 04:00 GMT)
- Weeks 1 & 2 (Jan 31 to Feb 14, 2021): Bootstrapping yield farm and first vote
- Weeks 3 to 10 (Feb 15 to Apr 12, 2021): Normal farming and rewards for previous week’s winners
What is an analysis?
- You can think of it like when a stock analyst puts out a BUY, SELL, HOLD rating for a particular stock or when your favorite crypto chartist draws a bunch of lines on a graph and gives a price target for a token. Some cool examples could be that someone notices a great token has a ton of short open interest on an exchange, or another undervalued token has a massive onchain short placed against it, or maybe they’ve identified a microcap token they think is going places.
Do I have to trade based on the winning analysis?
- Nope. Everything is voluntary and we believe in decentralization and freedom. Votes are just a signal of community support and belief. Nothing is enforceable.
I bought the winning token and I lost money
- No one can predict the future. You are responsible for your own trades and behavior.
Isn’t this market manipulation?
- No. Is it market manipulation when a big Twitter account tweets they are bullish on a token for X, Y, and Z reasons? We believe in leveling the playing field.
How is the winner determined?
- Each week $GME holders will vote on the analysis they favor in a YES/NO vote. For a vote to be valid it must reach a quorum of 10,000 $GME. If multiple analyses reach quorum, the one with the most $GME allocated to YES is the winner for that week.
Why are there weekly rounds of voting?
- We think it’s better for community focus and organization. Having continuous voting and proposals would be chaotic and we would rather the community rally around a single analysis every week. It also makes rewarding the winner via staking rewards easier.
What if the same token keeps winning?
- Then the people have spoken. There will be no rule that LINK Marines can’t brigade and keep posting bullish analysis on $LINK. We think some diversity is healthy and will naturally occur, though.
How is this related to GameStop?
- In case it isn’t blatantly obvious, this project is in no way related to the publicly traded company GameStop or their stock. Think of it as a fan site or a parody. This is fun protected free speech. Please address all copyright infringement claims to our lawyers in the Seychelles.